Old May 30th 21, 10:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Apple Macs: Can't upgrade, can barely repair them.

In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

And my ~1 year update on the MacBook for anyone interested: it does, as they
say, ³just work². The only problems Iıve had have been the native mail
client, and that seems to have sorted itself out, and the spinning beach

Apple Mail is good until it isn't. I've had problems with it in the
past but it's been well behaved of late - though it sometimes needs a
tickle to re-connect to GMail (where I have 2 personal and 2 business
accounts).

apple mail has significant problems syncing and running filters.

ball, but I leave lots of windows open in Chrome, and it mostly happens
working with one specific app, so that could be the sole blame. It has sort
of crashed once or twice, but rebooting cleared I up. Windows remains a
continuing nightmare, especially their updates.

I haven't had a Mac OS crash in years. I re-boot every ~60 days
typically. My SO's MBA has had to be force rebooted after using Screen
Sharing from my Mac. Can't access the mouse afterwards. (1 of 3 times).

that's weird. i screenshare across many systems without any issue.

Beach balls occasionally. Rarely need to kill a process though.

a beachball just means no input seen.