Old November 11th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default Current view on drum scanners?

"Airbus" wrote in message
says...

"Airbus" wrote in message
What's the consensus, as we close 2008?
Anyone still using drum scanners with PMT tubes?
Any particular reason, from a photographer's point of view, why this
technology is still pertinent, or do most users fee that fletbed
scanners
have come to where they can replace this older technology?

Interested to hear views from anyone still using this. . .

Thanks

You mean you use a scanner in your darkroom? How quaint!

My scanners don't actually go *in* the darkroom, as I'm afraid some
well-meaning nit will spray water all over them! Mine go in the repro
room,
which joins the darkroom, just before the mounting and framing shop, and
adjoining the projection room and reception areas.

So explain, please, the relevance of scanners in this newsgroup
"rec.photo.darkroom." After all, a darkroom is a darkroom is a darkroom is
a darkroom...is it not?