Old April 23rd 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
darkroommike

Default Graphic View I

It doesn't I have a convertible symmar on a Calumet board, I
think it would work if I filed a taper on the front of the
bottom edge of the board but it's an original bored for
Compur/Copal one so I'll keep looking for now.

darkroommike

Richard Knoppow wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 18, 8:39 pm, "Richard Knoppow"
wrote:
"darkroommike" wrote in
message

I just picked up a Graphic View I (base tilts) and fell
in
love with its Art Deco Look. Camera seems to be in
fairly
good shape, at least not bad for 60 years old(!),
bellows
good but it needs a few parts to complete and a few
minor
repairs. So I have a few questions:
Has someone seen the Graphic View repair CD offered on
that auction site, is it worth the money or just a bad
scan of a photocopy of a Mimeographed manual made in
the
40's (you know what I mean)?
Can someone suggest a few sources of parts, I need the
front lens board retaining clip, and some parts for the
focus drive on one of the standards. Oh and a couple of
un-drilled metal lens boards (I know I can make the
boards
from plywood but want to stay original).
--
darkroommike

Look for a lens board from a Burke & Jame (B&J) Orbit view
camera or
any of the identical cameras sold under the Kodak or
Calumet names
(they all have a rotating back and round center-rail).
They use a lenboard which is the same as the graphic view
I & II. A
common stock item in the 40's!

Jim Simmons

The difference is that the Graphic View lens boards were
made of metal and painted to match the camera. The 4x4 inch
boards from B&J press and view cameras and from the
Anniversary series 4x5 Speed Graphic are the same size but
are wood and painted black
The Calumet CC-400 series cameras, AKA, Kodak 4x5 Master
View and B&J Orbit, will accept the same lens board but the
original boards are flat metal with a ridge around the edge.
These will not fit into a Speed Graphic because there is no
taper at the bottom so it won't clear the fixed bottom
strip. I can't remember if the Graphic View has a movable
bottom strip, if so it should take the Calumet type board
too.

In any case, Midwest Camera http://www.mpex.com/ is
still in business and may have what Darkroom Mike is looking
for. Its worth a phone call because it may not be on their
web site. AFAIK, there was no difference in the boards for
the Graphic View and Graphic View II.