Old August 7th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Bandicoot

Default Still using medium format

"sr3" wrote in message
ups.com...
[SNIP]

I live near the mountains of North Carolina and look forward to hauling
this old camera and a tri-pod up to the Blue Ridge Parkway to see what
kind of photos I can capture. I'm brand spanking new to medium format
and can't wait to learn more about it!

Have fun,and remember, "if at first you don't succeed..."

TLRs are nice solid cameras, not much to go wrong and as I'm sure you've
read, the lens on that 'mat is no slouch. You should find the square format
is interesting too: if you haven't been cropping to square previously it may
seem very different, but it has its own charms and there are some subjects
it suits very well indeed.

Getting a roll of slides film back and plonking the sheet down on the
light-box for the first time is a continuing source of joy - like being a
child coming downstairs on Christmas day to the pile of presents under the
tree. Except it doesn't only happen once a year.

Peter