Old August 5th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
nathantw

Default Still using medium format

Oh yes, the tripod. I have a Gitzo 224 with a really heavy Bogan 3528
(or whatever that 3D head is designated). It literally put me over the
luggage weight limit. Needless to say that my companion wasn't too
thrilled putting it into her luggage without saying "why do you need
this tripod? Can't you take a smaller one?" I said "nope, not for this
camera." Overall, she wasn't happy with my camera selection at all. I
heard "next time..." and I just said, "no matter what camera I have,
this one or a spiffy new digital, I'm still carrying this camera bag
and the tripod. Besides, I'm the one carrying it and you don't hear me
complaining."

I'm happy to hear that others are still using their medium format
cameras and not relegating them to the closet or Ebay.

chasfs wrote:
Glad to see that I'm not the only one carrying around MF gear.

Just got back from Martha's Vineyard with my Pentax 6x7 outfit.
It weighs 16 kg in its spiffy new Porter Case rolling pack, *not*
including
the tripod!

The results - some wonderful Provia and Velvia slides, which I'll print
at
24"x30".

Peace,
-chasfs