Old November 9th 04, 05:26 PM
Mark Fohl

Default Fomapan questions

Hello Folks, I bought a roll of Fomapan 100 from J and C Photo a week or two
ago, and processed it over the weekend. I saw some things I didn't expect,
and I was wondering if someone could comment.

I exposed at 125 and developed in Rodinal 1:50 for 10 minutes, as
recommended by the Massive Dev Chart. The first surprise was that when I
dumped the developer, it was clear; not the same as the inky dark purple
that I get when I develop Agfa APX100 in Rodinal. Second, the developed
film has a distinct blue tint to it. I guess I'll find out how this affects
VC paper. And finally, the dried film has incredible curl. I could barely
hold it straight to get it into the negative page.

Are these experiences similar to yours?

Thanks in advance,

-- Mark