Old October 5th 10, 01:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
[email protected]

Default Lenses that satisfy

On 10/3/2010 4:39 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 10/1/2010 1:20 PM spake thus:

Dislikes:

135mm f4.7 xenar

Maybe I just had a bad sample but this lens was disappointing. It was
my first 4X5 lens and almost gave up on 4X5 after seeing the results
from this.

This seems to jibe with what I've heard, which is that these lenses are
nearly all dogs.

Which is strange, given the Xenar's vaunted reputation in other form
factors. But for some reason, these particular versions just aren't very
good.

Right. I have a rolliecord with a 75mm f3.5 xenar that is amazing. I
wrongly assumed this 135 would be the same. It wasn't. On the commercial
ektar, I have to assume I just had a bad one as most reports on them are
glowing.

Stephe