Old November 21st 07, 11:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Polson

Default Tokina Super Wide Angle 12-24mm f/4 - DOF Question

Dave wrote:

Hey there,

I was hoping to get testimonials about the Tokina lens' Depth Of Field
abilities. I recently bought the Canon Super Wide 10-22 f/3.5 - 4.5
and I'm displeased with it's DOF abilities. I've tried shooting both
with AF and MF, with varying small apertures, ISO's, ... and I'm just
not getting what I need from this lens. It's a shame as the lens if
performing quite well otherwise (barrel distortions, CAs, MTF

I had posted a comparative (Sigma vs Canon) Wide Angle lens question a
couple of weeks ago - to which I received a bunch of great replies -
so I guess this is somewhat related.

Thanks a lot, dave

From your posting, I suspect you don't actually know the meaning of
the term "depth of field".

You have presented no evidence of anything that would indicate what
the problem is, but I suspect that it isn't a "depth of field"
problem.