Old November 3rd 17, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default Geotagging app

"Alfred Molon" wrote

| Caan anybody recommend an Android app which records position and
| altitude, and later you can add that data to the exif of JPEGs and RAWs?
|
| I'm using O.I.Share for the E-M1 II but it doesn't record the altitude.

I don't have an app suggestion, but a possible idea:
If you don't find it you might be able to rig up
something with Google maps, which does offer
altitude.
Sample:

Enter this URL into a browser and you'll get back the
elevation (in meters) for Boulder, CO. The text is
easily parsed and the whole thing can be automated.

maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/elevation/json?locations=40.014985,-105.270545

That request returns this:

{
"results" : [
{
"elevation" : 1623.978393554688,
"location" : {
"lat" : 40.014985,
"lng" : -105.270545
},
"resolution" : 19.08790397644043
}
],
"status" : "OK"
}

But then of course there's the issue of auto-entering it
into your image files.