Old April 22nd 12, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default Nikon D800 versus Canon 5D Mark III - the clear winner is ... [DxO Labs]

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:37:33 -0700 (PDT), Helen
wrote:

On Apr 20, 12:27*pm, "K W Hart" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message

news
Helen wrote:
I'm not into video, my focus is still photography. *What Canon camera
would you or anyone else for that matter, recommend?

The D800.

I find the Canon FX system from the 1960's to be a pretty solid performer. I
especially like the 1200mm lens; of course a sturdy tripod is essential.

Yes, I agree, but I was talking about Canon's newest line of DSLRs.

The 5D III is still an excellent camera. But, like all tools, you need
to learn it's limitations and live within them. I'm keeping my 5D II
for the time being.