Old November 16th 04, 10:01 PM
YAG-ART

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:37:56 GMT, JC Dill wrote:

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:00:13 -0500, "Mikey S." wrote:

I can't honestly judge because I have only used the Canon Lenses but I will
tell you that I could not possibly be happier than I am with my Canon 70-200
L 2.8 IS, it's sharp as a tack and the IS ( stabilizer) is awesome, I
upgraded to this lens from the non IS version and the IS is worth every
penny, get it.

Ditto. After reading about the quality of this lens versus the
non-canon lenses, I made the decision almost a year ago to start out
with this lens and the 300d, and then upgrade the body when I could
afford to later, rather than start out with a better body (i.e. d1)
and cheaper glass. Good glass will last you many bodies. Cheap glass
will require that you upgrade the glass sooner. Which would you
rather have, 2 years from now, the latest camera and good glass, or
your 2 year old camera and an upgraded lens? Which will produce
better images for the next 2 years?

My plans are to upgrade to the 20d next spring, and then to the d2 (or
whatever is the heir apparent) the following spring. In the meantime,
my images are everything I could ask for.

The D1 is an older Nikon body, the 20D is a Canon body, and the D2 is
Nikon line.