Old September 30th 04, 07:51 AM
Richard Stewart

Richard, thanks for that! Excellent! Do you like your S5500? May I
ask you why you chose the S5500? Do you find it easy to use?

I don't own an S5500 - I own the older S5000
That site I listed is not mine, but one I found while looking to see if the
S500 is a worthwhile upgrade for me...

And from what I see the S5500 is a lot better than the S5000...

The S5000 camera is awesome - fast, responsive, takes excellent photos, is
very very efficent on batteries...

It's very easy to use - the controls are laid out nicely, and the camera has
a mini-SLR feel to it, so is very comfortable to use.

Depending on the mode, it can take photos up to 5 fps as well...

The fact that it also comes with a 55mm filter thread as well is a nice
bonus... you can use any number of filters with it...

The only issues I had with the S5000 have been fixed on the S5500, so I wish
I'd waited 8 months!

The issues were - only 2 second max shutter open times (now 15 secs I
think), and no low ISO modes (also fixed)...

Cheers,
Richard