Old December 28th 08, 08:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor[_7_]

Default Help Choosing Compact

savantcreative wrote:
I shoot commercially with the 1DS Mark II and love it. I shoot
everything raw. The problem is that I have 4 kids and never want to
bring my rig w"flash bracket along because I am usually carrying
someone or something heavy. I need to buy a compact yet high quality
camera. Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks.

In addition to my DSLR, I have the Panasonic TZ3:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonictz3/

chosen for it's 28-280mm zoom, with image stabilisation, and compact size.
The more recent and current model is the TZ5:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonictz5/

As with any camera, specifying your needs more closely, or actually
handling the camera in the shop, may help refine your choice.

Cheers,
David