Old January 15th 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default No need to know anything..

On 1/15/2011 8:39 AM Howard Lester spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl"

I guess I'm lucky, in that the only photography classes I took were not at
all like this. I actually had a minor brush with celebrity when I took my
first class from Paul Kuiper at his home in Tucson, ca. 1970. Paul's
father was the astronomer Gerard Kuiper, who the University of Arizona's
Optical Sciences Center was named after.

Not quite -- The Optical Sciences Center (now the Meinel Optical Sciences
Center) is across the "mall" from the Gerard P. Kuiper Space Sciences
Center, formerly the Lunar and Planetary Lab, aka the "Looney Lab." :-)

Oops, my bad; after all, this is memory going back, lessee, 40 years.

I believe all this is near the Flandreau Planetarium, no? (Named after
Grace, right?)

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.