Old August 17th 05, 05:30 PM
Cordovero

The Z30 looks HUGE.

"beeswing" wrote in message
oups.com...

Daniel Silevitch wrote:
On 17 Aug 2005 07:01:46 -0700, wrote:
I just ordered an FZ5 (over an FZ20), largely because of its lighter
weight and size. Does anyone know how thie new Z30 will compare size
and weightwise with either of these two other cameras? (I'm trying to
figure out if I "should have" waited for the Z30!)

According to
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/panasonicfz30/ , the FZ30
is 1.6 pounds, vs 1.2 pounds for the FZ20. If weight is a key issue for
you, the FZ5 was clearly the right choice over either of the bigger
cameras.

Weight and size was the key factor that lead to my choice of the FZ5 vs
the FZ20 (and the Canon S2IS).

-dms

Thank you for responsding. I feel better now!

After a certain list of "must-haves," weight and size were key to me. I
chose an FZ5 over a digital SLR primarily based on that issue (though,
not surprisingly, the cost differential figured into it pretty heavily,
too). I'm glad that there isn't an up-and-coming Panasonic that I
should have waited for. (I wanted to have it for my vacation in a
week-and-a-half, so my research was reasonably extensive, but still a
bit rushed.)

beeswing