Old October 25th 07, 11:36 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Thor Lancelot Simon

Default Kodak Flexicolor C41 still available in small sizes

In article , Ken Hart wrote:

Yeah, this is a PITA! I was using the package that makes 3.5 gallons. This
was perfect for me. With the new packaging, I will be mixing chems about
every third portrait session!

My vendor (PDI in Rochester, NY) also sells Trebla brand chemistry. I've
used the RA4 Trebla with excellant results (no more tar in the racks*). PDI
recommended that I go to the Trebla C41; it requires starter, but they do
have a small quantity package, at a better price than Kodak.

I'm looking at PDI's web site and I'm not sure which C41 developer is
which -- they seem to package it several ways, some listed by weight,
some by volume! Are you using the Trebla C41 yet? If so, which one
do you buy and how much does it make? It looks like I might want this:

TR C41 TL60 DEV/REP KIT 3X5L

But I don't know how much working solution this would make. I do see
the separate, inexpensive 32oz bottle of starter.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky