Old June 11th 07, 08:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Doug Jewell

Default 1770 The date Australia lost it's independence

"Ryadia" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 10, 9:18 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he
came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that
day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

I imagine sailing down the east coast of Australia, he'd have to pass
this spot on his way to Sydney. Yes? No?
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

He went north, first landing at botany bay, then went up to where 1770 now
is, and later spent a lot of time at endeavour river - near present day
Cooktown (hence the name) - after being shipwrecked on the barrier reef.
By the way - I very much did like the photo of the boat at 1770 that started
this thread. I'm sure the critics could probably find something wrong with
it, but I reckon it looks ok. :-)