Old July 23rd 04, 11:11 PM
Sabineellen

Default Film vs. Digital reminds me of the Tube vs. Solid State debate in audio circles

I think the look has a lot to do with it. I did a project where I combined my

35mm photos with photos taken by someone else with a digital camera. Both
were
done with what would be considered decent quality equipment. I asked my
stepfather, who has little photographic background to pick out the film vs
digital photos and he did so with close to 100% accuracy.

I'm glad you said that. I often look at images and can tell immediately if they
were taken with a digital camera or a film camera. I also often hesitate to say
it so purists or fanatics of one medium or another don't flame me.

If any of you are guitar players, you know that it is widely believed
that tubes are superior in guitar amplifiers.

Photographic film vs digital imaging is *not* the same as analog vs digital
audio/video. They are entirely different.