Old August 22nd 05, 04:17 AM
nick c

pixby wrote:

Snip
Since buying Canon gear I've seen many photographers with 20D problems
and experienced some severe problems with my own gear which should not
have happened. People seem to think quality is related to price. Canon
have disproved that with their 20D. Those who don't get the faults,
don't push their cameras.

Problems with the 20D? I haven't experienced any problems with my 20D. I
use my cameras in ways that I've always used my cameras. I had problems
with the BG-E2 battery pack not being usable with AA batteries, but that
problem took about 15 minutes to go away. I drove to the Canon repair
center and told them about the problem. They took my camera to their
repair lab and before I had the chance to finish reading a magazine
article while waiting, they came back with a NEW BG-E2 battery pack.

While there, they asked to see my equipment and updated firmware and
accomplished a series of checks on my camera bodies and lenses.