Old January 6th 05, 03:40 PM
Norm Fleming

wrote in message ...
Norm Fleming wrote:
A few new threads on old Spotmatics encouraged me to post this.

After years of faultless use, the shutter on my Spotmatic has jammed.
The
shutter will not trip and the film will not wind on.

I gather this is not uncommon with Spotmatics.

Anyone got a quick do-it-yourself fix? Most repair shops will charge
around
$120 for next to nothing these days.

Thanks for help Cheers

Norm Fleming

If the mirror is half way down, you can GENTLY pull the mirror down and
let
it flop back up. I have done this to a few Pentax cameras over the years
and it worked for me but YMMV.

Thanks - already tried the gentle mirror twiddling to no avail.

NF