Old September 16th 15, 06:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default Two questions

On 15/09/2015 23:03, Eric Stevens wrote:
[]
My understanding is that Photoshop only uses multiple cores when it
will help. If using multiple cores will slow things down, then it
won't use them. The speed of the graphic processor may be more
important.

Eric,

Whatever Photoshop does, having at least 4 cores would be my
recommendation for a system today. My most recent has 4 cores with
hyperthreading, making for 8 available processors. Memory is, perhaps,
even more important, and I would suggest 8-16 GB, depending on your
exact needs. Intel rather than AMD. Check with your software supplier
what benefit can be had from a good graphics card and choose that
accordingly. SSD (~250 GB) for the system disk, HDs for data storage.

--
Cheers,
David