Old October 26th 15, 02:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.photo.digital
Bob Minchin

Default Inkjet printers (slightly OT)

newshound wrote:
I occasionally want to print drawings at A3, but my ancient Laserjet
8000 has just died. I swore I would never buy another inkjet, but all
the refurb A3 mono lasers are large, expensive, or both, whereas there
are several smaller, cheaper colour inkjets on the market. I guess I
might use one occasionally for photos or posters but I'm not worried
about exhibition quality. What *really* worries me is print head dryout
because I might only use it once a week.

Does anyone have any views / experience on current Epson / Canon / HP or
other A3 printers?

Don't need duplex. (A3 scanning might very occasionally be handy).

TIA

I use Epsons - cheaper the better and often have a week between printing
and rarely have trouble that a head cleaning cycle won't sort out.
However if you stick makes that have integral printheads with the ink
tanks, eg HP then if you had one dry out that would not submit when
cleaned, then all you would have to do is chuck the cartridge rather
than the whole printer.
Epsons have fixed print heads and usually are beyond economic repair
when they have problems.