Old April 5th 12, 09:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_16_]

Default Entry level Nikon 24mp?!

What you're saying is that the 3:2 aspect ratio is usually Fine & Dandy
for
your purposes. For some reason I find that I often have to crop to get
the
picture to look right, and I made myself a table of aspect ratios
(available
upon email request) to aid in that endeavor. To each his own artistic
judgement, I guess one would have to say.

Bob

Not, quite. With a 16:9 main display (HD TV), 3:2 isn't quite ideal, and
there is the problem of portrait format images. Better to have borders on
either side, or just take landscape? You might well crop, and you may
lose camera pixels, but you have fewer display pixels available as well.
Different if you're making prints, of course.

Cheers,
David