Old April 4th 12, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_16_]

Default Entry level Nikon 24mp?!

"RichA" wrote in message
On Mar 30, 6:09 am, Wolfgang Weisselberg
wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:

And more pixels will always get more out of the lens. Just not
necessarily nearly as much as the increased pixel count would
indicate.

Rich always looks at photos in 200% view, though ...

-Wolfgang

Are you all so blessed as to have so many lenses you never, ever have
to crop? Do you want 8 megapixels on that 1/4 page crop, or 3?

I prefer a zoom lens to cropping - I try to get the image I want in the
camera, not by post-processing. If I do need to crop, it's usually by a
small amount.

David