Old January 22nd 06, 10:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default digital to match Velvia?

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

But lots of people really attached to Velvia seem, to me, to be doing
in 35mm things that really belonged in medium format. Only the high
end of digital really delivers for that, I think. That's not where I
work, and not where my expertise, such as it is, lies.

Maybe it was a good lab I used, but Fuji Reala 400 seemed grainy in 35mm, in
6x6 8x8 prints were fantastic, great, saturated colour _and_ skin tones
were not too bad either.

The annoying thing o MF, ignoring cost is the reduced DoF and that you seem
to need more light.

Just my limited experience.

Pete

--