Old October 26th 04, 08:57 PM
Mojtaba

According to another person who has had similar problem hitting the
camera bottom sharply against an open hand could get it going. I just
tried and it worked. When the mirror was down i noticed that the lower
edge was dirty. I realized that it has got the oil from the foil. I
know I should not do that but I could not help and cleaned the mirror
with after shave. The foil on top where the lower edge of the mirror
meets is very sticky: I tried to clean/ dry it with an anti static
glass and lens cleaner. It seems it helps a little but I am not sure
if this is the ru'ight way.

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:43:08 +0200, Mojtaba wrote:

i newly but an old Chinon SLR (CA-4). The camera was fine and fired
good at different shutter speed. After a little more play the mirror
went on and jammed there. It does not fire and neither wind. What is
the reason for this problem and is it something I can repare myself. I
am not technician but can do some technical works. It is a cheap
camera and I do not want to use money to repare it.
Thanks for your respons,

Mojtaba