Old October 12th 04, 01:17 AM
Crownfield

Will wrote:

Thanks to all. I will move out of the Sport mode and start trying
different settings that let more light. Glen suggested ISO 400 to 800
with aperture priority 3.4 or 4. I'll start here and then move on.

what you need to do is to understand
how a camera stops motion,
and how the camera setting change that.

look at your camera manual.

basic camera 101

Will

Jim wrote:
"Will" wrote in message

I am shooting night High School Football games and using the Sport
Digital Vari-program modeon my Nikon D70. In the day this mode works
beautifully. I could not ask for more.

At night, I might get a set shot where there is little or no movement,
but all action shots are blurred.

Can anyone help with this? I know it is a lighting problem. I just do
not know what adjustments I need to make to catch full action football
shots. Do I move out of the Sport Vari-program and into something else
and then start changing the ISO...etc

You might find that the P, S, or A modes would give better results. Also,
use a tripod (with a good solid head) and also make sure that the shutter
speed is high enough.
Jim

Will