Old December 5th 12, 06:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Could flash memory replace DVD/Hard Drives if this pans out?

On 2012-12-05 10:10:21 -0800, Alfred Molon said:

In article , DanP
says...
Why do you need 1Tb SSD in your computer?

To store image files. It's impractical to have a brick attached with a
cable to a notebook computer. It's better if the brick is inside the
computer case.

Quite a lot of laptop users are replacing the optical drive (DVD/CD)
with an SSD to give themselves a dual HDD/SSD laptop system to give
themselves the benefit of the SSD speed and maintaining the workhorse
ability of the HDD.
Currently I travel with that additional pocket drive, but to call it a
brick is a bit of an overstatement.

BTW: I use the OWC Mercury "On-the-Go" FW800/400 drives.
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other...g/MS8U3H5T1.0/

Savageduck