Old March 28th 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jufi[_3_]

Default Why Are Lecia 6MP cameras so damn Expensive?

"Justin" wrote in message
Is Lecia the Lamboghini of everything photographic? I understand they
make the best of the best when it comes to film based equipment but $300+
for a 6MP camera while a Sony Cybershot comes in around $100?
What am I missing?
What does Leica have that nobody else does? Name?

All the Leica digitals, save for one, the M8, and rebadged panasonics. The
only diffeence that I can see is the warranty. So yes, you're paying for a
name and an extended warranty. Same lens, same sensor, same body.