Old March 27th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gerrit

Default Why Are Lecia 6MP cameras so damn Expensive?

"Gerrit" wrote in message

"Justin" wrote in message
Is Lecia the Lamboghini of everything photographic? I understand they
make the best of the best when it comes to film based equipment but $300+
for a 6MP camera while a Sony Cybershot comes in around $100?
What am I missing?
What does Leica have that nobody else does? Name?

What sort of lens does the Sony Cyber**** have?

oops Freudian slip. :-)

But, many years ago, in a dim dark analogue age Leica made lenses and
cameras with those lenses and they were acknowledged as among the best. At
the same time Kodak made the Instamatic camera range. Both manufacturers
used film in their cameras which were (most likely) made by the same
manufacturer of film. Leica was much better. Now in the digital age Leica
makes a camera with their lenses and uses a digital medium (sensor) to
record the image. Sony make cameras and use a digital medium (sensor) to
record the images. Both sensors are probably made by the same manufacturer.

I suggest you go away and but a cheap Sony just like the likes of you did in
the dim dark analogue age.