Old July 27th 04, 09:53 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

Default Fast, I mean Fast, color film?

Al Denelsbeck writes:

There's an effect I desperately want to try and capture on film, but
it's exceptionally dim and short-lived. Experiments with 400 speed film
produced virtually nothing.

Are there any color films, print or slide, that push well? I mean,
really well? Like 3200 or better? Detail is not a serious issue, contrast
not a problem, but light sensitivity is paramount.

I know about T-Max 3200, and actually have a way outdated roll
someone gave me. But I'd like to catch this in color, if possible.

Ideas? Experiences?

Kodak and Fuji both make color negative films up to 1600. C-41 films
can be pushed some, which could help you. Konica at least used to
make a film rated at 3200 fairly honestly. That's the fastest I know
of.

And most digital SLRs go up to 1600 or 3200; you probably couldn't buy
one just for this project, but perhaps a friend could loan you one?