Old April 7th 05, 06:44 PM
Big Bill

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 06:07:05 GMT, "Dwight Stewart"
wrote:

"Jer" wrote:
Well, what I need to do is to being mollified,
go ahead and start a fight, force it into the
courts, get a news hound interested so I can get my name in the lights,
thereby providing
but one more example of my constitutional
rights under attack by someone that desperately
needs to know about them All of them.

Well, since I wasn't able to find any great number of cases (at least not
described on the internet), it appears photographers being unfairly stopped
or arrested by police is relatively rare. It does happen, as the links show.
And, if one believes the anecdotal stories, it may be happening more often
today.

Interestingly, this appears to be a greater problem in the UK. While I
didn't actually count while I was searching, it seems there were ten cases
in the UK for every one I could find here in the USA.

Stewart

That's to be expected; the UK as an Official Secrets Act, which, AIUI,
basically says, if we (the gov't) didn't give you the right to see it,
listen to it, record it, or know about it, if you do any of those
things, it's illegal.
In the US, it's basically the opposite of that; it's illegal if they
tell you it is. If they don't tell you it's illegal, it isn't.
Basically.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"