Old December 12th 03, 02:50 AM
Bill

Fuji has a history of designing amd building serious cameras. They also
happen to make some of the finest film in the world.

Bill

"Tom Pfeiffer" wrote in message
It's pretty silly to take someone to task for "possibly" quoting hearsay

and
then closing with a statement starting with "From what I've heard".
Presumably your photo skills are better than your reasoning skills.

At the risk of being burned at the stake for my own heretical opinion,

I'll
venture that anyone truly serious about photography should first consider
companies with a significant history of designing and building serious
cameras and not film companies or consumer electronis outfits who try to
assemble them from other peoples parts. Which would lead me to look at
Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Olympus and Pentax and away from Kodak, Sony, Fuji,
Casio, HP, Panasonic, Toshiba, Samsung.

OTOH, I couldn't agree more that Sony continues to try and lock people

into
their proprietary memory sticks, just like they've done before with

products
like Betamax and MD disks. They've always been great innovators with

killer
products like the VCR, Walkman, Vaio notebook computers and most recently

in
the Palm OS world, but they really don't want to fit in with anyone else.

think they are as much to blame as any other single company for there not
being a unified DVDR standard either, although they can share some of the
blame there with a few others.

Tom P.

"Wolverine" wrote in message
From what I heard, this camera is not bad at all, it just needs the
operator to really know what he is doing. Default settings are not the
best settings.