Old December 11th 03, 09:01 AM
Wolverine

This kind of comments really helps. I am sure you didnt even use the
S7000. You just rely on early production reviews. May i suggest going
over to dpreview and check if the S7000 is indeed a crappy digicam.
From what I heard, this camera is not bad at all, it just needs the
operator to really know what he is doing. Default settings are not the
best settings.

I dont have the s7000 but I do have the Sony F717 but i wouldnt not
recommend it because Sony murders the consumers with their proprietary
use of exhorbitantly priced accessories.

"dfp" wrote in message ...
The Fuji is crap. Nothing compares to the 717 short of the Rebel.

The Fuji FinePix S7000 is a camera with a lot of potential that was
ultimately a let down in the image quality department. In what seems to be a
trend lately on their cameras, Fuji is processing and compressing their
images to death, causing higher than average noise and other digital junk. I
can live with a little "grain" in images, but when it starts eating away at
details, it's too much.

"Bill" wrote in message
Fuji S7000. Almost no shutter lag. Also has 12MP option for larger prints,
best movie mose of all, best super macro and good zoom. Also has a unique
"last 5" continuous mode that is really a nice feature.

Bill

"The Spectre" wrote in message
news
Opinions on new digital camera purchase;

Nikon 5700
Minolta DiMAGE A1
FujiFilm S7000

I sold my n90s and am going digital and want a high quality but simpler
system than my n90s and lenses offered. Mostly landscape, sports and

family
photos. I want as little shutter lag as possible and ocassionlly enlarge

good print.

Thanks