Old January 22nd 18, 11:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Renovation of a photograph

On Jan 22, 2018, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jan 22, 2018, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 19:31:02 +0000, "David B."

On 2018-01-21 18:10:00 +0000, David B. said:

Hi

My elderly sister managed to send me a photograph today of our
grandfather. It was taken before he was killed during the first World
War.

Here is a copy of same:- https://imgur.com/a/7XRdW

How best can the image be improved?

I'm soo sorry for your loss! You're with no doubt a troll and that
file is useless! But you could try the free version off Fotor Photo
Editor provided that you could get a better scan of the original. It
seems to have some useless features. Report back to the group and let
us know how it goes...

https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/foto...729?l=en&mt=12

I downloaded the app meself and had a go... Do you want me to post the
result?

Wow! Yes, please. :-)

I took a shot at it. Mostly cleaned up, but I'm not happy with the
foot restoration. I'd prefer to replace the background on the left,
but that table needs to stay there.

https://photos.smugmug.com/AUE-Photo...2018-01-22.jpg

Done in Photoshop (CC 2018)

Not bad, not bad at all. Good work Tony.

Though I see you have given him two right feet. ;-)

Savageduck