Old May 11th 17, 04:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default For those Who Care to Play: Acros SOOC + RAF

On 2017-05-11 03:21:53 +0000, Bill W said:

On Wed, 10 May 2017 20:13:07 -0700, Savageduck

On 2017-05-11 02:56:34 +0000, Bill W said:

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 19:32:33 -0700, Savageduck

On 2017-04-24 02:23:27 +0000, Bill W said:

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 19:05:53 -0700, Savageduck

On 2017-04-24 01:34:56 +0000, Bill W said:

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 14:11:11 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

OK! I found an inoffensive subject for those folks who would like to play.

So here is the SOOC JPEG Acros rendition (14MB) with the RAW file (50.5
MB RAF), and for the folks who just want to peek without dealing with
the big files, a resized JPEG (791KB).
With LR or ACR the Adobe version of Acros is available in the Camera
Calibration panel.

If you care to try AlienSkin Exposure X2, they have a 30 day trial
(works as stand-alone and/or as LR/PS plug-in).
https://www.alienskin.com/exposure/
Their Acros simulation is found in their film presets as "Fuji Neopan
100 Acros".

Resized JPEG 791KB:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yfxuwsez20iv60/_DSF4283RS.jpg
SOOC JPEG 14MB:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mes7v4u49jliphb/_DSF4283.JPG
RAF 50.5MB:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m981iseihumw2q/_DSF4283.RAF

I suck at this. I need a couple of more months.

What happened? You were the most enthusiastic at wanting to play this game.

What sort of issue are you experiencing?

The issue is that I suck at it. To be honest, I spent only a short
time so far. I decided to just pick a basic B&W preset, and start with
that. I decided that the exposure, tone, contrast, and micro-contrast
were the main issues to start with, and I couldn't get anywhere with
those. But again, I spent only about 10 minutes so far. I'll get back
to it later.

OK! Don't drive yourself crazy with this little exercise. ;-)

Well, I finally got my photo computer working again a little after I
hung up on MS customer support, and a little before I reached the bomb
threat level of frustration with them. Anyway, I should be too
embarrassed to post this, but here is my pathetic try:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/48982192@N05/w7af6P

Just more proof that I can get really lost in post.

All of us can, and do get lost in post.
Not bad, not bad at all.

Regardless of the results on their own, an A/B comparison isn't very
close.

It looks OK on its own, presented within Flickr.

BTW, if racing is of any interest to you, I have a "Videos" album on
Flickr, with exactly one video. Let me know what you think of the
woman driver in the Grand National.

Ruthie should learn to stick in her lane.

True, but an amazing recovery. She never touched the wall. But you are
right, she did lose the thing. This was a lower level meet - not NHRA,
and you could see the difference in the driving. If you look at the
LVMS Street Car album, there is a series of photos of another car that
did hit the wall. The guy did walk away - into the ambulance. There
was a lot of sloppy driving.

Drag racing isn't something I follow other than stumbling across it.

Our local track, Laguna Seca near Monterey hosts the type of event
which grabs my interest. So If you care to leave the Vegas area to
visit the California Central Coast in August, you might find The Rolex
Monterey Motorsports Reunion, both entertaining and interesting.
http://www.mazdaraceway.com/rolex-monterey-motorsports-reunion

Then you can get shots like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb2bajck7onu6iv/DNC4947Aw.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmfiv1gfylj41aa/DNC4996Aw.jpg