Old June 29th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Dave

Default Is it possible to Export, Textedit, & then Import EXIFinformation using freeware?

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:20:01 -0700, Tom wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:26:45 +0000, Dave wrote:

http://www.exiv2.org/sample.html#modify So much for ass-tooting
assertions.

Hi there Dave,

Did I offend you somehow by being more knowledgeable? If so, I'm sorry.

I've long held the astute assertion that no Windows tool imports TEXT
Exif information. I wish one tool would import Exif TEXT information but
I know more than most and I've never seen one.

You simply changed your assertion from the previous post:
"If not, then my astute assertion that there isn't a photo editor extant
that can import Exif text would still be true."

Now it's "no Windows tool"

exiv2 can take a text file output by exiv2,you edit the tags you want and
add the set and modify commands and bingo..
exiv2 -m exif.txt *.jpg
imported exif info

Dave

--
Registered Linux user # 444770
Tact is the ability to tell a man he has an open mind when he has a