Old June 25th 04, 08:14 PM
David J Taylor

Default Nikon D70 and lens selection (DX vs. others)

"paul" wrote in message
news []
Yes you are correct. Any idea how many defective pixels are allowed by
different manufacturers? And how do I recognize them in my camera?

Paul

Paul,

The defective pixels are usually hidden by interpolation in the firmware.
I was slightly horrified to find that my Nikon Coolpix 5700 had at least
512 defective pixels (according to its internal table) but visibly the
image is perfect.

A zero-defect chio might be required for some high-end broadcasting
applications, and will have a commensurate cost!

Cheers,
David