Old September 14th 15, 11:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Diesel

Default IrfanView: sometimes very slow loading

David Taylor
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 04:11:17 GMT in
alt.comp.freeware, wrote:

On 14/09/2015 04:02, Diesel wrote:
[]
I understand. If you don't mind my asking... How many years do
you have in the business as an active.. I'm thinking, bench?
tech?

About 25 years in various roles in paid employment, including IT
Security and Windows & UNIX support, and since then I was running
my own business for about 13 years including support of users
running my own and 3rd-party software. Many of the users were
primarily interested in the results from the software rather than
knowing about the innards of Windows itself, but I've also been
involved in detailed beta tests of satellite data downloads where
we have been pushing PCs to the limit (two streams of 60 GB and
300 GB of data daily).

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by pushing PCs to the
limit...I've ran FTP sites that moved that much or more in a given 24
hours or less. I wouldn't necessarily call it streaming though. It was
just transferring data over some nice fast pipes.

What languages do you develop software in?

--
Optimist: Someone who doesn't know all the facts yet.