Old October 11th 18, 03:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

Default Windows 10 update wipes out files and photos

On 10/11/2018 8:38 AM, MC wrote:
nospam wrote:

unfortunately, windows update is poorly implemented, often occurring
at the worst possible time.

I never know when mine is updating until I go to shut down. I then see
the "Update and Shut down" rather than just "Shut down" on the Start
menu. Then when I reboot next day it just goes into "Configuring
windows" for a couple of minutes and straight back to desktop. No
fuss, no bother, painless and straightforward. I see no problem
whatsoever and certainly no "worse possible time".

MC

I was running a test of a Halloween lighting program on a Win 10
machine and several hours into the test the damn machine did
an unexpected reboot. I normally run the program continuously
starting a few days before Halloween. seems the activity monitor
doesn't know this program is running. I've never had a Win 7
machine reboot on its own.
The last thing one wants is for the system to go down in the
middle of a 'show'.
--
==
Later...