Old April 19th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default (April,17th) Picture of the Week

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
"William Graham" wrote in message

"Chris Loffredo" wrote in message
Annika1980 wrote:

If I had to live in Paris, I would protest.

Isn't Tennessee the State where at one point PI was legally defined as
being equal to 3.0?
And you'd miss out on your banjo music...

No, this is a false urban legend, and it was Alabama....Not
Tennessee......See:
http://www.snopes.com/religion/pi.htm

Ah, but at the bottom of the snopes article it says this:
Sightings: In _Stranger in a Strange Land_ (written in 1961), Robert
Heinlein makes passing mention of Tennessee's enacting a law making pi
equal
3.0

Yes. Heinlein wrote fiction (fortunately) and not history......
My favorite Pi approximation is 355/113, which beats the hell out of
22/7.....