Old August 23rd 14, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
pensive hamster

Default copyright nonsense

On Saturday, 23 August 2014 00:23:58 UTC+1, pensive hamster wrote:
[...]
* one of the uncropped pictures in the video on the above Guardian
website shows the monkey's outstretched arm reaching towards the
camera, suggesting the camera was on a tripod at the time, not
being held freehand by the monkey.

This is possibly a better webpage to look at:

http://petapixel.com/2014/08/08/phot...monkey-selfie/

In the video, Slater says he set the camera up on a tripod with
a remote (cable?) shutter release for the monkeys to use.

Just below the video, there is a pair of monkey photos. The RH
uncropped one is the one I had in mind in my previous post, with
the monkey's outstretched arm reaching towards the camera. This
looks entirely consistent with the camera being on a tripod and
being operated by the monkey with a cable release.