Old March 29th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Paper ISO'S

Are paper iso's useful? I ask because my standard, black toned print paper
has an iso of 200 and the warm tone paper I'm trying this week has an iso of
160. Now, I realize that there's a large issue in comparing the densities on
these 2 papers (eg a brown tone paper will always reflect more light in the
shadows because brown, no matter how dark, is always lighter than black...),
but my test results indicate that the brown tone paper needs 2.1x the
exposure of the black paper to produce a comparable print. This is not what
I expected when I thought that paper iso's would be like film iso ratings.
-LS