Old December 19th 10, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
George Kerby

Default Nikon D7000 is made in China, CHINA!!!

On 12/18/10 10:22 PM, in article
, "shiva das"

Rich wrote:

shiva das wrote in
:

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:55:57 +0200, "G Paleologopoulos"
wrote:

Rich wrote:
I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the
land of Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

My D80 of four years was made in Thailand....

So was my D70.

For that matter, so was my previous Honda.

Eric Stevens

Has Nikon in fact been "trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?" And if so, why?

Because their quality control is lacking? I don't care if the Japanese
camp-out in the factories, you don't get the same result as Made in
Japan.

Can you tell the difference between an image produced by a lens/body
made in China vs. made in Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, or The
Philippines, vs. made in Japan?

Just from the photo, not knowing beforehand where the camera/lens was
made?

If so please post two images, one from a Japanese-made rig and one from
a Chinese-made rig, stripped of exif data, so we can see the wisdom of
your vision.

Otherwise you are just blowing smoke.

Yep, the Whacky Weed kind.