Old March 30th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rebecca Ore

Default Wore out my D200 shutter, apparently

In article ,
"David J. Littleboy" wrote:

"David J. Littleboy" wrote:
I'd love to see what a Leica or Nikon FM3 looks like after 89,000
exposures. I'd guess that rolling 2400 rolls of film up and back would
pretty much destroy the mechanism. To say nothing of one's wallet: film +
processing costs about US$10 a roll here, but even at US$5.00, that's
US$120,000.

Oops. The math's a tad off thereg.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

$12,000 plus the cost of film. $24,000 at $10 a roll.

Not to speak of the reality of how long Leica shutters have lasted and
the pro Nikons were good for 100,000+ exposures, if I'm remembering
correctly. Leaf shutters are even more robust if maintained -- some
people still shoot with pre-war Rolleiflexes.