Old July 8th 04, 04:12 PM
David Nebenzahl

Default Beseler Enlarger with Kodak Lens

On 7/7/2004 10:48 AM Nick Zentena spake thus:

ATIPPETT wrote:

I have some old Eastman Kodak enlarging lens. Not sure just what
qualities they have but I would like to try them with my Beseler
enlarger. All of the lens boards I have found are boarded for 39mm these
lens appear to be about 45mm in diameter. How can I adapt these lens for
my enlarger?

Buy a blank board and have it drilled. But a blank board will cost more
then a used lens might. If all you want to do is test the lens maybe make a
board out of cardboard? Or something else cheap.

Not cardboard; try Masonite (or whatever they call it in the UK or elsewhere).
"Hardboard". Easily cut with ordinary, non-rocket-science tools. That's what
all my homemade lensboards for my Beseler (23C) are made from. (Even painted
them Beseler Blue to match.)

--
Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a
really easy way: stop participating in it.

- Noam Chomsky