Old July 7th 04, 12:44 PM
Zol.

Default Camera correcting lens distortions?

"David J Taylor" wrote in message
news
"Zol." wrote in message
.. .
[]
I missed the1st parts of this conversation but there is a plugin for

photoshop that can correct some lens error -
http://www.richardrosenman.com/ under the software section.

I don`t know if thatr`s what you are looking for but it may help after

taking the images.

Zol..

Zol, such correction is built into Paint Shop Pro, and requires no
plus-ins.

We were discussing the possibility of doing the correction in-camera, so
that lenses could perhaps be made cheaper, smaller or less complex. The
hardware-software trade-off. One stand-alone program designed for a
limited range of DSLRs was pointed out as an example.

Cheers,
David

Ah thanks, I don`t see why it can`t be added in the future to cameras own processing or it
could just be calibrated at factory for ranges of lenses.

regards, Zol.