Old March 8th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
HEMI-Powered

Default Digital SLRs

Jim Townsend added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

I am looking at investing in a digital SLR but am looking for
some advice on which to buy. I would like to stick to a
Canon EOS just for the simple fact that I have a 35mm EOS and
would like the option to interchange the lens'. I do some
photography which I get paid but am by far not a
professional. Any suggestions?

The link below shows all the current Canon DSLR cameras.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...ProductCatInde
xAct&fcategoryid=111

If money is no object, get the 1Ds MkIII... If you're on a
shoestring budget, get the Rebel XT. If you're somewhere in
between, then get the one you can afford.

I understand your use of "shoestring budget" and "Rebel XT/XTi" in
the same sentence, but I think it is only valid for the body. I
very much like my XT because it is smaller and lighter than its
main competitors. But, the real money is in the glass one chooses
to buy, all of which will work with the entire line of any
manufacturer's cameras, certainly Canon and Nikon.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"