Old March 28th 08, 09:59 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ray

Default Handy photo bank

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:29:39 +0000, Focus wrote:

"ray" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:52:36 +0000, Focus wrote:

I just got a Mustek portable HD. It's really fantastic as a back up
for all the cards and even straight from the camera. Works up to 2
hours on the internal battery (that means copying 1,000's of pics), so
more than enough to fill the whole disc several times. I tested it
with my D300 and it works flawless: attach the cable, turn the camera
en de HD on and press the button. For every transfer it makes a new
folder, even if you copy the same.
You can attach any cardreader you may have and it will copy anything
on it.

Now it is "only" 20 GB, but the sweet things about it are these:

1. you have a back up anywhere you want 2. even if your cardreader
should fail, you can still download the pics from the camera 3. you'll
save on expensive CF cards, because you only need 2 fast ones to keep
shooting

They aren't expensive.

If you think 16 GB for $ 450.- is a good deal ....

No, but I think 2gb for $10 is.