Old March 28th 08, 09:29 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Focus

Default Handy photo bank

"ray" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:52:36 +0000, Focus wrote:

I just got a Mustek portable HD. It's really fantastic as a back up for
all the cards and even straight from the camera. Works up to 2 hours on
the internal battery (that means copying 1,000's of pics), so more than
enough to fill the whole disc several times. I tested it with my D300
and it works flawless: attach the cable, turn the camera en de HD on and
press the button. For every transfer it makes a new folder, even if you
copy the same.
You can attach any cardreader you may have and it will copy anything on
it.

Now it is "only" 20 GB, but the sweet things about it are these:

1. you have a back up anywhere you want 2. even if your cardreader
should fail, you can still download the pics from the camera
3. you'll save on expensive CF cards, because you only need 2 fast ones
to keep shooting

They aren't expensive.

If you think 16 GB for $ 450.- is a good deal ....

--
Focus